A reminder, as this crops up periodically, you will never receive an out-of-the-blue email from SendGrid staff requesting your username or password.
Do not respond to emails, which do not identify a specific person or persons (but just says 'SendGrid Support Team' or 'SendGrid' or some other general label), particularly if they are requesting secure information like your password or credit card.
SendGrid will never ask you for your password in an email. No other organization you do business with should ever ask you for your password via email either.
When you receive messages like this, you can trash them. If you have the time, please report to SendGrid: firstname.lastname@example.org so we are aware of possible phishing attempts.
- Use strong passwords for your accounts (when possible, pass-phrases that include alphanumeric characters and symbols).
- Don't share your passwords.
- Your password should never be the same as your username.
- If you think your password may have been compromised, change it.
- To change your password, https://sendgrid.com/user/account