What is the Subscription ID in Azure Accounts?
A subscription is linked to a payment setup and each subscription will result in a separate billing, each subscription ID identifies different SendGrid accounts under the same payment set up. For example, a tenant ID is associated with a single identity (person, company, or organization) and can own one or several subscriptions.
How does this help troubleshoot?
When looking for more details on which account is having a determined issue and the customer is not sure of the username to identify the account; we can use the subscription ID to identify the correct account and troubleshoot the issue depending on the account status, plan and features.
Steps to capture your Subscription ID:
- Go to the Azure Portal where you have all your subscriptions for SendGrid.
- Click the 3—dots next to your profile picture along the top right of the browser window in Chrome Browser and go to More Tools > Developer tools. (This can also be done on a Mac by command + option + i or by going to View > Developer >Developer Tools along the top bar).
- Within the Developer Tools window, select the tab labeled Network.
- From the Azure Subscription Summary, click on the subscription of interest.
- In the Search bar of the developer tools, search for SaaS SubscriptionID (hit enter after typing that in)
- Click on the request response from the search summary
- On the right side developer tools pain, click on the “Preview” tab
- Expand the “Properties” dropdown
- Scroll down to the SaaS SubscriptionID key
- Copy the value out