This article explains the steps required to regain access to your Twilio SendGrid account when you are locked out due to Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
If you’re not receiving the code via SMS message (or phone call), please check the following items:
- Note that VOIP/Landline numbers are NOT supported.
- Check that you don’t have any phone numbers blocked or with “Do not Disturb” activated.
- Check that your device is powered on and within cellphone coverage.
- Confirm that you’re receiving SMS from other services or friends.
- Alternatively, you can download the Authy app and receive your codes directly from the app. Try to use the phone call option to register instead of SMS.
If you know your 2FA phone number and have access to the email address used to register your 2FA phone number
Submit a phone number change request through Twilio Authy Support.
If you are unsure of your 2FA phone number or the owner of the 2FA phone number is no longer with your organization
Submit a ticket through Twilio SendGrid Support and provide the following information:
- The SendGrid Username that is not receiving a 2FA code.
- The 2FA phone number if known.
- If you have valid API keys and can currently send email through your account.
- If you have access to the phone number on file for your account.
Twilio SendGrid Support will respond to your ticket with the steps required in order to reset your 2FA phone number.