It's easy to cancel a Twilio SendGrid account via our account portal site. This guide walks you through the process.
To cancel your account:
- Visit the SendGrid Account Details page.
- Click the Your Products tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then click Cancel Account.
Cancellations take full effect on the first day of the next calendar month, at which point your account will still be usable, but will be automatically downgraded to the Free package level.
Because it takes some time for the cancellation to take effect, we recommend that in the meantime you secure your account if you have not done so already:
- Run a virus and malware scan on all computers and servers that access Sendgrid.com.
- Change the password on your account and all your teammate accounts.
- Enable two-factor authentication for your account if you have not done so already.
- Review recent IP addresses that logged into your account via the IP Access Management page in Account Settings.
- Ensure that any content management tools, such as Apache, PHP, Perl, etc., are up to date.
- Verify that your account credentials and API keys are not publicly listed in code repositories or associated comments on sites such as GitHub or BitBucket.
If you run into issues cancelling your account, please contact our support team for assistance.